on August 5th
Future Coalition’s Gender Equity Coalition will host Femme Z, a digital direct action and teach-in in which self-identifying women, non-binary, non-conforming, and femme activists can connect, learn, and act for change.
Femme identifying folx continue to face outrageous gender injustice to this day—women make up only 23.2% of the United States Congress, on average, Black women in the U.S. are paid 39% less than white men and 21% less than white women, the crisis of murdered and missing Indigenous women continues to plague our society, sexual harassment and assault permeate our schools & communities, the LGBTQ+GNC community still faces discrimination from employment to housing and everything in between—the list goes on.
Yet, Gen Z is an extraordinarily diverse generation with an unflinching desire to enact change. We won’t accept anything less than gender justice, and we will lead the way in this intersectional fight.
GET UPDATES ON FUTURE LIVE
INCLUDING PANELS SUCH AS:
- How to Start a Movement
- How to Stand in Solidarity with the Movement for Black Lives
- What It Means to Work with the System for Criminal Justice Reform
- Divestment & Reinvestment: The Redistribution of Power and Resources in 2020
- How to Fight Back: What it Means to Survive Patriarchy
- How to Slay the College Application Process
- Gender Fluidity: Challenging Western Gender Norms